Setting the Home Up as a Non-Profit Business

If no existing suitable Group Homes exist in your area, there are a few things you need to do.

First, set up your Group Home as a non-profit organization. (Group Homes rarely produce a profit). An attorney can help you with the paperwork to set up such a corporation.

To attract donations, obtain 501(c)(3) status by filing the proper forms with the IRS. In addition you’ll want to file for Tax Exempt status with the IRS.